I. Senior Content Officer/Assistant Manager (1 Year Contract)
About the Organization
Established in 2009 in Hong Kong, Clean Air Network is a non-profit organization with charitable status that aspires to clean up Hong Kong’s air until it meets the World Health Organization’s recommended safe level to protect public health. Through public education and policy advocacy, we amplify the voices of individuals and groups and together urge the Government to take appropriate measures to clean up the air.
Having grown into the most influential non-profit organization on air pollution issues in Hong Kong, joining the team of Clean Air Network provides you with the opportunity to fulfill your passion for the well-being of the city, get exposed to the global discussion on environmental health the issue, and participate in one of the most challenging campaigns to clean up the air in Hong Kong.
Role and Responsibilities
Clean Air Network adopts mainly two approaches to achieve our goal – advocacy and community empowerment. In both approaches, content is the key to arousing interest, deepening discussion, and mobilizing actions.
We are seeking a talented Content Specialist, with an interest and ideally experience in advocacy, to develop and implement content strategy to achieve various campaign goals.
The Content Specialist is tasked to ensure key messages are delivered effectively. To achieve our vision, you will work with a small, yet highly effective and multi-talented campaign team to co-deliver advocacy, communications, and community empowerment goals.
Your responsibilities include:
- to develop contents based on desktop researches and experts interviews on issues covering air science, public health, mobility, urban planning and well-being;
- to responsible for the content strategy/planning across effective channels to meet organisational goals and objectives;
- to support the CEO to gatekeep the quality of content and optimize content consistently based on performance.
In order to achieve the above, we are looking for candidates who are:
- able to write and communicate fluently in bi-lingual; flexible in shifting language and adjusting style of storytelling to outreach different target audiences.
- a communicator – able to translate concepts into sharable, engaging and resonating contents;
- with a passionate on environmental and air pollution issues, and an ability to connect multi-disciplinary thoughts including public health and environmental injustice, cities and wellbeing, etc;
- able to develop creative and implementable ideas; are willing to monitor progress, feedback and optimize; practical to deliver;
- with 3-7 years of relevant work experience in journalism, public relations, communications;
- able to work on his/her own to develop content in formats including text, visuals, videos to meet project objectives;
Interested candidates, please send over CV and cover letter outlining your skills, experience, expected salary, and why you are interested email to [email protected]. We will review and arrange meet-up interview(s) in due course. Thank you.
Our internship programme stimulates and educates young people to engage in society through the understanding of environmental issues, in particular, air quality in Hong Kong and gain a sense of civil engagement through various outreach, marketing and communication exercises.
Our interns customarily participate in community-oriented projects, permitting them to learn about environmental issues through grassroots outreach activities that put them in touch with members of the community at all levels, in different sectors.
We accept applications for internships year round. Both long-term and short-term interns are welcomed but note that the minimum work period is 1 month. Although our internships are unpaid, an internship at CAN is among the most rewarding in Hong Kong with each intern given a high degree of personal responsibility for entire projects. We accept students ranging from senior high school students to post-graduates.
*No paid internship with transport subsidy
Applicants should provide the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A covering letter which explains why to apply for this position
To submit an application, please email [email protected]