We are currently hiring:
(1) Content Specialist
I. Content Specialist
Clean Air Network adopts mainly two approaches to achieve our goal – advocacy and community empowerment. On both approaches, content is the key to arouse interest, deepen discussion, and to mobilize actions.
We are seeking a talented Content Specialist, with an interest and ideally experience on advocacy, to develop and implement content strategy to achieve various campaign goals. The Content Specialist is tasked to ensure key messages are delivered effectively.
To achieve our vision, you will work with a small, yet highly effective and multi-talented campaign team to co-deliver advocacy, communications, and community empowerment goals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities include
- To convert advocacy concept into communicable contents;
- To research on current landscape of similar issues or target audiences, and to provide plans on content development, channels, tracking;
- To develop the content or work with content development team;
In order to achieve the above, we are looking for candidates who are
- A communicator – able to put concepts in people’s minds;
- With a passionate on environmental and air pollution issue, and an ability to connect multi-disciplinary arguments including public health, environmental injustice, transport and urban planning;
- Able to develop creative and implementable ideas; are willing to monitor progress, feedback and optimize;
- Practical to deliver;
- With 3-7 years of relevant work experience in journalism, public relations, communications;
- Able to manage a team or work on his/her own to develop content in formats including text, visuals, videos, online/offline interaction to meet campaign objectives;
- Able to write and communicate fluent in bi-lingual;
- Flexible in shifting language and adjusting style of storytelling to outreach different target audiences.
Interested candidates please send over CV and cover letter outlining your skills, experience, why you are interested to email address – [email protected].
We will review and arrange meet-up interview(s) in due course. Thank you.
Our internship programme stimulates and educates young people to engage in society through the understanding of environmental issues, in particular, air quality in Hong Kong and gain a sense of civil engagement through various outreach, marketing and communication exercises.
Our interns customarily participate in community-oriented projects, permitting them to learn about environmental issues through grassroots outreach activities that put them in touch with members of the community at all levels, in different sectors.
We accept applications for internships year round. Both long-term and short-term interns are welcomed but note that the minimum work period is 1 month. Although our internships are unpaid, an internship at CAN is among the most rewarding in Hong Kong with each intern given a high degree of personal responsibility for entire projects. We accept students ranging from senior high school students to post-graduates.
*No paid internship with transport subsidy
Applicants should provide the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- A covering letter which explains why to apply for this position
To submit an application, please email [email protected]