“You scream, I scream, we all scream for…CLEAN AIR!”
That’s right, this summer Clean Air Network (CAN) is partnering up with Ben & Jerry’s to promote clean air awareness!
We are hosting a drawing competition so children can draw their artistic impressions of Hong Kong’s air. Winners of the drawings will receive special ice-cream prizes from Ben & Jerry’s! While we see this as a chance to stimulate creativity, this is, more importantly, an opportunity to educate children about the hazardous air pollution conditions in Hong Kong. Through these impressions we seek to better understand the younger generation’s views on how air pollution impacts their community.
CAN will be distributing worksheets to schools around Hong Kong to promote this fun learning opportunity about air pollution. We ask that, as leaders of educational institutions, you encourage your students to get involved in this fun summer activity!!
- Be 18 or younger;
- Submit only one drawing.
Guidelines/Options for Drawing Submissions
- Must be hand drawn (no use of glued paper or cut-outs or glitter)
- Be an original artwork about clean air and air pollution in Hong Kong.
Be A4 size.Have the Clean Air Network logo drawn on it (the CAN logo can be downloaded from this link. Please view and copy by hand accordingly).
- Demonstrate an understanding of Hong Kong’s air pollution situation. We recommend that contestants read the fact sheet before creating their artwork (click on the link to view it).
There are two ways to submit your drawings:
- Upload your drawing as a gif/jpeg/png through our Facebook application (to be launched August 9th 2010).
- You will be asked to complete your personal details online.
- Mail the original artwork to the following address:
Clean Air Network
Rm A, 2nd Floor
The Standard Chartered Bank Building, 102-106 Queen’s Road West,
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- Attach a piece of paper with contestant name, age, parent name, telephone number, school, and email address to the submission.
- Clean Air Network will manually upload your submission to the Facebook app (in Option 1) once received.
- The public will vote for their favorite artworks online at the Facebook app (to be launched August 9th 2010), submissions. We encourage you to get your friends and family to share the contest and vote!
- Grand Prize winner will be chosen from the pool of finalists by a panel of judges from CAN and Ben & Jerry’s.
- If you post the artwork to us under Option 2, the date/time of receipt in our office will be the date/time of your submission.
- First 200 entries will receive a coupon for a scoop of Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia!
- Grand Prize winner will:
- Receive a voucher for a Ben & Jerry’s 20 people ice-cream party (“Pint Party to Go”)!
- Have their artwork featured in a public service announcement campaign.
- Selected entries will be displayed at the Ben & Jerry’s Cochrane Street store from September 2010 – April 2011.
Dates to Remember
August 9th: Submissions for drawings begin
September 17th: Last day to submit drawings
September 24th: Art for Air winner is announced
Terms & Conditions
We reserve the right to use and copy submitted artworks without limitation.
Good luck! We look forward to receiving your submissions!!