Teaching people about the severe health impacts of air pollution is the first step towards getting them to care about Hong Kong's air pollution policies. CAN reviews, collates, digests, and rewrites reams of information, research and news in order to give the public the most accurate and current information about Hong Kong's air pollution and how it affects health. CAN is also one of the most comprehensive and current online resources in the world for health information and news about air pollution.
CAN strongly believes that educating the younger generation is indispensable to increasing environmental awareness and creating the preconditions for change in society. Through our regular school talks to primary and secondary schools, we teach children the facts about air pollution and health so that they will champion a future with clean air. CAN believes that children can be the fulcrum of genuine change: not only are they among the groups most affected by air pollution but they are capable of educating the adults around them.
Hong Kong air pollution concerns each and every one of us! CAN is closely involved with many District Councils and Councillors to foster better understanding of air pollution issues. Such activities are especially important in areas populated with large numbers of the working poor. All too often, the less privileged fail to understand that their health and livelihoods are seriously compromised by air pollution. One more educated individual is one more voice in our community that fights for the right to breathe clean air. Every voice and every individual counts towards a healthier future for Hong Kong
In order to improve our air, CAN encourages the public - individuals, businesses, professional associations, and NGOs - to speak out about air pollution. This however, cannot be done without advice and influence from health and environmental experts and civic leaders. CAN has devised different activities and methods to mobilize the public and the Legislative Council to speak up and make an impression on the government.
CAN's Commitment to Supporters
In Hong Kong, 8 people die per day because of air pollution. You can be part of the solution. Without people like you, we could not continue our vital work to clean up Hong Kong's air.
Our Commitment to YOU is that we will:
- use your donations carefully and responsibly.
- thank you for your support and keep you updated on our work via our weekly e-newsletter (should you subscribe to it).
- make the best use of our income by funding works that are inspiring and educational, while keeping support costs to a minimum.
- ensure that your personal details and donations are kept secure, and only furnish your data on a strictly confidential basis to third parties who provide services in relation thereto.
- ensure that all of our activities are open and fair, honest and legal.
- communicate with you in the ways that you prefer and, if these change, adapt them swiftly to your needs.
- acknowledge any queries and complaints within 3 working days, and respond fully within 10 working days to your preferred method of contact.
- publicly post our accounts online so that you can see how we are spending your money.